Go to our Triathlon Fundraising Page to donate to the cause!

Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Benefit!

Holy cow, I am so excited for this gig.


If you know me, you know how much I love playing music. I feel incredibly lucky to be a founding member of two awesome bands that play music that I love and that appeals to other people as well. Even though Mike and I are in both of the bands -- Acoustic '80s and Evil Prince Ludwig (the Indestructible) -- I keep them pretty separate in my head. We rarely perform at the same venue together. But for this one night, we get to do so -- and all in the name of KICKING CANCER'S ASS! How awesome is that?

Acoustic '80s is planning a 90-minute set consisting of our "greatest hits," so to speak, along with six songs featuring Jennifer Gembs on lead vocals. Jen, Mike and I first performed together 18 years ago (HOLY CRAP WE ARE SO OLD) and it's been too long since she last joined us for an '80s gig. She is a phenomenal singer and I can't wait to hear her kick the crap out of the songs she's chosen.

The Hometown Sweethearts are a kick-ass trio featuring my buddy Dan Gottesman on drums. These guys do a great job on crowd cover-tune favorites and are somehow tight and loose all at the same time. They're graciously donating their time to the middle slot of the evening while Mike and I recover. (Actually, something else will be happening with me during the middle slot, but it's still a secret.)

Closing out the night is my other band, Evil Prince Ludwig (the Indesctructible). I love playing with these guys -- it's such a ball to play varied music and instruments and throw in the harmonies as well. I think getting us all on that small stage is going to be a challenge, but we've played smaller stages. :)

We are in all different stages of rehearsals, prepping for this really fantastic event. Truth be told, I am already a bundle of nerves, but I really can't wait. I hope you'll join us!

1 comment:

  1. SOunds like a lot of fun. I'm hoping I can figure out a way to come.

    ReplyDelete